Student Learning Results
At New York Academy, we teach our students more than academic content – we teach them to be productive members of our global society. We are committed to guiding them to learn with a sense
of social responsibility to make the world a better place. To reach this goal, NYA has established six School-Wide Learning Results (SLRs).
Our students are prepared to leave their mark on the world, due to our emphasis on shaping:
- I am curious.
- I explore, discover, think, and create.
- I self-direct my learning life.
- I am passionate about learning.
- I am an active listener.
- I am clear and thoughtful of my words.
- I am a conversationalist.
- I am a writer.
- I am a presenter.
- I reason critically as a habit of mind.
- I think creatively as a habit of mind.
- I think about my thinking.
- I set goals to accomplish.
- I take risks.
- I am willing to learn from my mistakes.
- I reflect on my strengths and growth areas.
- I am mindful.
- I am fair, honest, and respectful.
- I understand right and wrong.
- I make good choices even when no one is looking.
- I have integrity.
- I have perspective, empathy, and compassion.
- I celebrate different people and cultures.
- I care for others and respect differences.
- I am socially responsible.
- I choose to act and serve others.