We welcome your interest in NYA. If you would like to be considered for a position, please view our openings below. If you do not see a current opening, we also welcome applications submitted via email to Human Resources. Please contact us about becoming part of our dynamic team! We are always looking for dedicated and committed progressive educators!
Applications from qualified teachers are accepted at any time, but applications are most successful between December and September. At NYA, recruiting is often a year-round process.
Please note that during the application process you will be asked to complete and submit the following documents:
- Three letters of recommendation
- College transcripts and copies of administrative and or teaching certificates (if relevant to position)
- Recent photograph
The PYP Coordinator is a key and senior member of staff who works closely with all members of the primary team; academy administrators, programme coordinators, lead teachers, and co teachers to coordinate, lead and ensure effective curriculum planning and recording.
The PYP coordinator is a member of the Pedagogical leadership team. The PYP coordinator is supervised by the Principal of the school. The PYP coordinator does not have supervisory authority over any employee, though may be asked to participate in the appraisal process from a curriculum and programme point of view. The PYP coordinator collaboratively works with the BODs, the Principal, and all Teachers and Administration staff.
PYP Coordinator diligently working with administration officials to enhance student learning through effective instructional support. Adept at planning and executing developmental programs. Committed to effective coordination to ensure the effective application of educational resources.
Interfaces with: PYP students, teachers, parents, senior leaders, finance department, IBO, BC Association of IB World Schools
PYP Coordinator Job Summary:
The PYP coordinator together with the Principal will be responsible for the pedagogical leadership within the school. Also, she will prove her versatile teaching ability.
A commitment to collaborative planning is central to the philosophy of the PYP. The PYP coordinator has a crucial role in this process and will take responsibility for ensuring that pedagogical and curriculum aspects are discussed; information is disseminated, and the programme is planned, taught and assessed collaboratively.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Together with all the members of the Pedagogical Leadership and school‘s management team, the PYP coordinator will be involved and responsible for the development and whole- school implementation and organization of the programme.
- Besides maintaining contact with the Principal and the BOD, the PYP coordinator should communicate and collaborate directly with all members of the teaching team and be involved in whole-school planning, as well as in-school and out-school professional development.
- Maintain and implement Regulatory & Quality Frameworks – Early Years Learning Framework – EYLF.
- Lead the planning and implementation of quality educational programs.
- Lead the promotion of health and safety of all staff and children
- Lead the unit to build positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Lead the effective administration and management of the School.
- Monitor the allocation and enrolment of children in the services within the preschool
- Represent preschool services at relevant forums or groups.
- Develop and implement efficient and effective administrative systems.
- Attend correspondence and general enquiries as appropriate units.
- Develop strategies to ensure forward planning, evaluation and review of the service.
- Ensure all aspects of the preschool program are inclusive and equitable for all students.
Staff Management and Development:
- Provide leadership, motivate and encourage staff to perform their responsibilities effectively and efficiently.
- Develop an effective team, encouraging team participation in problem solving and developing improvement in operational practices.
- Participate in the orientation, recruitment and selection of staff.
- Support the professional development of staff.
- Ensure services are adequately staffed in accordance with required ratios at all times.
- Participate in the development of the budgets within the preschool unit. Monitor the adopted budgets and advise the Early Years Learning & Development Service Manager of existing or anticipated variations.
- Prepare relevant budget reports and financial statements for the School.
- Ensures that copies of IBO publications pertaining to the PYP section of the school are available to all staff members.
- Establishes and maintains a record of completed planners.
- Publishes the school’s programme of inquiry.
- Leads the process of developing or reviewing the school’s scope and sequence documents.
- Ensures that essential agreements are formulated for assessment and for teaching and learning language.
- Participates in the formation of the school’s strategic development plan.
- Observes teaching, learning and assessing and collects all necessary information considering the status and changes of the programme.
- Encourages teachers to collaborate and to develop their professional skills.
- Ensures that staff members are made aware of professional development (online or face-to face) opportunities.
- Makes recommendations regarding professional development opportunities on and off the school.
- Keeps a record of workshop attendance and school visits to ensure equality of opportunity and identify ongoing needs.
- Assists teams or individuals in developing units of inquiry.
- Makes recommendations for the purchase of suitable resources to support the implementation of the programme.
- Establishes an inventory of resources to facilitate efficient management.
- Consults teachers about different questions concerning their daily schedules.
- Works collaboratively with parents, education specialists and other organizations.
- Sets up systems for communication and collaboration among all staff members involved in implementing the programme.
- Attends weekly grade planning meetings.
- Attends meetings with parents so that they have some understanding of the goals of the School.
- Publishes articles pertaining to the programme in the school newsletter.
- Circulates all relevant information received from the Principal.
- Prepares and submit any documentation required for authorization and evaluation.
- Ensures that all school members are familiar with the requirements of the Aero Standards & IBO concerning the implementation of the programmes and that those requirements are adhered to.
- Responds to requests for information (for example, questionnaires) from the IBO.
- Provides a liaison between the school and the IBO.
- Strong communication skills in English
- Strong organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Valid Teaching Certificate
- 5+ years of successful IB teaching experience (preferred)
All other terms of employment not covered in this job description are outlined in the teaching job
description, and the Employment Contract.
All applicants should submit a current CV/résume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org